FMSP’s (MSHA State Grants) Second Annual Surface Mining Emergency Response Training and Competition Agenda
(Feb. 25 – 28, 2019)
Monday, Feb. 25 & Tuesday, Feb. 26
- Demonstrations (Free) Scheduled in 2 hour blocks starting at 10 a.m. both mornings
- Topics will include: Florida Public Safety Institute Tour, Drones, Dealing with Traumatic Incidents, Body Worn Cameras and Medical Response to Trauma demonstrations will also be provided
8-Hour Training Sessions
Rope Rescue Awareness – Fee of $50 per person
- Training to be delivered by Nationally Accredited Rope Rescue Technicians
- Rappelling Demonstrations by Accredited Rope Rescue Technicians
- Topics to be Covered: Safety in High Angle Rescue Environment, PPE Requirements
- Fundamental Software Components and their uses, Various Hardware Components and their uses, Rescue Knots, Hitches and Bends, Anchor Systems and Low Angle Slope Evacuation
- 50% Classroom and 50% Hands-On Training
Water Safety & Survival – Fee of $50 per person
- Training will be delivered by a Retired Navy Seal, Florida Fish and Wildlife Training Lieutenant, and other Florida Fish and Wildlife Instructors
- 75% of the Training will be in the Water
First Aid Refresher, CPR and AED Practice – Fee of $50 per person
- Classroom Refresher – Brady Emergency Medical Responder First on the Scene – 10th Edition
- CPR & AED Practice – American Safety & Health Institute (ASHI) – Current Edition
- Training will be delivered by Certified First Aid Instructors
- Hands On Training, Field Demos and First Aid Trivia
- Medical Response to Deadly Force Field Demonstrations – Tactical
Meet & Greet – Monday Night, Feb. 25
- Spirits and Pizza for teams
Tuesday, Feb. 26
- Team Check In – 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Judges Meeting and Training – 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Vendor Registration & Set-Up – 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Vendor Viewing – 1:30 – 6 p.m.
- Captains Meeting – 3 – 4 p.m.
- Written Examination – 4:30 – 5:30 p.m.
- 30 Question Multiple Choice and True/False Examination
- Brady Emergency Medical Responder First on the Scene – 10th Edition
- Vendor Night – 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- Team Number Drawing for Field and Practical Exercise
- Blind Knot Tying Competition – Point to be Added to Over All Team Score
- Judging will be Conducted by Nationally Accredited Rope Rescue Technicians
- Great Food – Themed Buffet
- Vendor Drawings
Wednesday, Feb. 27
- Sponsored Breakfast – 6 – 8 a.m.
- Teams Report to Lockdown Area – 6– 6:30 a.m.
- Opening Ceremonies – 6:30 – 7 a.m.
- Vendor Viewing – 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Field Exercise Viewing Area Open – 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Teams 1 and 2 Called for Team Briefing – 7 a.m.
- Teams 1 and 2 Deploy to Field Exercise – 7:30 a.m.
- Field Exercise
- Judging will be conducted by MSHA Personnel
- Teams will have to Travel to Exercise Location (Will be on FPSI Property)
- A Team is Defined as a minimum of 3 to 5 Members and a Team Trainer
- Each Team will be Given 60 Minutes to Complete the Field Exercise
- Exercise Time will Stop when Victim(s) are Packaged and Transferred to Requested EMS Provider
- Designated Spectator Areas
- Lunch with the Vendors – 12 – 1 p.m.
- Hospitality Night Team Fellowship (Spirits, Wings and Things) – 6:30 – 8 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 28
- Breakfast with the Vendors – 6 – 8 a.m.
- Teams Report to Lockdown Area – 6 – 6:30 a.m.
- Vendor Viewing – 7:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Last 2 Teams from Wednesday’s Field Exercise will be Called First – 7 a.m.
- Station 1 – First Aid (Brady 10th Edition)
- Station 2– Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation with AED Rescue Breathing (ASHI)
- Judging will be conducted by MSHA Personnel and Subject Matter Experts
- Lunch with the Vendors – 12 – 1 p.m.
- Vendor Breakdown – 1 – 2 p.m.
- Banquet – 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. (Tickets for Team Members are included in Registration Fee)
- Additional Tickets Can be Purchased – $20 Each
- Team Procession
- Inspirational Speaker
- Video Presentation from Week
- Trophies Awarded