Note: MSHA’s requirements have changed in order to attend this course. You must prove that you are qualified to attend this course through a very descriptive application and proof of MSHA-approved training.
After you fill out the form on this page, Karen Miller, our Mining Program Manager, will send documents required for completion prior to course enrollment.
Each person will be required to obtain an MSHA MIIN number before the beginning of the class. The MIIN can be obtained online at www.MSHA.gov.
Please be aware that your attending and completing this course DOES NOT guarantee your approval. Your application and experience will.
You must have:
- At least 1 (one) year of MSHA experience
- At least 1 (one) year of MSHA/OSHA instructional experience
- You will have to put together and present at 15-minute block of instruction on a health and safety subject on Thursday
Course Description: A prerequisite course to become a MSHA Approved Instructor. The Approved Instructor Certification is a requirement for those operations that fall under the Title 30 CFR Part 48 for surface mines, surface areas of underground mines and underground mines.
This course provides students with the education to become MSHA Part 48 Trainers. There is no fee for this course.
This course is offered in multiple languages.
- 46/48 training requirements
- Adult learning principles
- Lesson planning
- Presentation skills
- Preparation for 15-minute presentations
- Final presentation assistance