This course is meant to assist educators, administrators and supervisors in recognizing the signs and symptoms of drug and alcohol use for the purpose of determining if an individual may be under the influence. Impairment can place everyone in a workplace at risk of injury. This course presents information about recognizing the signs and symptoms of substance-related workplace impairment and its effect on the emotional and mental status of your employees, students and visitors to your business. Strategies for intervention and reporting are outlined. This course will assist you in developing strategies to handle an impairment issue in the workplace if one should arise. You will be able to recognize basic signs of impairment and the effects on the human body, along with common signs and behaviors of drug abuse.
By the end of this course, trainees will be able to:
- Confront the suspected substance-abusing employee
- Manage performance through recognition and management of workplace substance abuse, trauma
response and other related occupational health and safety issues
- Identify indicators of possible substance use
- Identify progression of substance abuse through behavior, crisis points and on-the-job warning signs
- Explain the impact of substance abuse on the user and the workplace
- Identify signs and symptoms of drug and alcohol use to determine if an employee may be under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol that would warrant the employee to tested
DATES AND LOCATION
Course Date: Wednesday, February 2, 2022
Location: Florida Public Safety Institute, 75 College Drive, Suite 203, Havana, FL 32333
To register for this course, please contact Kim Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course cost: $150.00
Group discount: Pay for five seats and get one seat free