This course presents information on recognizing the signs and symptoms of emotional, mental and substance-related workplace impairment and determining if an individual may be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Strategies for intervention and reporting are outlined. This course establishes the opportunity for managers, supervisors, mine representatives, agents and team leads to take proactive measures in addressing an impaired individual. A failure to act when a problem is identified can result in personal and organizational liability. It’s about more than safety- the impaired person affects every aspect of the workplace.
Weekend and late shift times available.
This course is offered in multiple languages.
Training Topics Include:
- Identifying the signs and symptoms of impairment used to determine if an employee is under the influence
- Confronting the suspected substance-abusing employee
- Managing performance through recognition and management of workplace substance abuse, trauma response and other related occupational health and safety issues.
- Identifying indicators of possible substance use – “The Eyes are the Window”
- Identifying the progression of substance abuse through behavior, crisis points and on-the-job warning signs
- Explaining the impact of substance abuse on the user and the workplace
Training Materials Issued:
- Signs and symptoms card
- Pen light
Attendance Requirements: 100% Attendance and Participation Required.Certificate of Completion and 2017 Training Decal Provided
Instructor Information: This course is taught by law enforcement officers with years of experience detecting alcohol and drug impaired subjects.